Central Baptist Academy is located in Brantford, Ontario and is a ministry of Central Baptist Church Brantford Inc.
We offer Christian Education to students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8.
Central Baptist Academy recognizes our need for Jesus as Lord and Saviour, and we will partner with parents to equip our students to become more like Christ.
He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.Colossians 1:28-29
Statement of Faith
The basis of Central Baptist Academy and all of our programmes is the inspired and
infallible Word of God, the Bible, as interpreted in the Statement of Faith of Central
Baptist Church Brantford. A brief summary of the articles follows.
- in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of a virgin, and is true God and true man.
- that man was created in the image of God and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life here for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- in the prominence of the local and visible church, baptism by immersion for believers, and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper.
- in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
- in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Central Baptist Academy began as a ministry of Central Baptist Church Brantford in 1978. Its purpose is to provide a regular academic course of study for students, with instruction from a definite Christian world view. Central Baptist Church believes that the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and thus, that it is eternal, absolute truth. Therefore, Central Baptist Academy seeks to teach and adhere to this fundamental truth throughout its entire practice and instructional programme; it is preeminent over all curricula.
The Word of God reveals that the primary responsibility for the education of children rests with parents (Deuteronomy 4:9; 6:8; Psalm 78:6-8; 1 Samuel 3:13). Central Baptist
Academy recognizes that it is part of a threefold, cooperative ministry to the home and the local church. Children are gifts to parents from the Lord (Psalm 127:3) and an awesome responsibility. Thus, it is very important that parents sending their children to Central Baptist Academy realize the major goals by which the school seeks to function.
Central Baptist Academy will:
- challenge and attempt to influence each student and family member to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour from sin (Romans 6:23, John 1:12).
- assist pupils with the development of Christ-like character qualities in their lives (Romans 12:1; Philippians 2:5).
- provide students with an educational opportunity to develop their spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, and social domains to the extent that their abilities and gifts permit, in order that they may be used to glorify God (Proverbs 22:6; Psalm 119:105; Colossians 3:23).
- emphasize critical thinking that will help students learn how to process information and think critically in the context of a biblical worldview (Isaiah 1:18; Romans 12:2).
- expect parental education responsibility: parents have the primary responsibility for the education of their children; the school serves both Christian and pre-Christian homes. Parents should cooperate with and support the school’s advancement in both practical and intangible ways (Deuteronomy 11:18-21; 1 Corinthians 1:10).
- fulfil the Great Commission to evangelize and disciple others by living out the Great Commandment of loving God with our whole beings, locally and globally (Matthew 28:19,20; Mark 12:30,31).
- integrate biblical principles into every planned learning experience, which is crucial to effective Christian schooling (Daniel 2:20; 2 Corinthians 10:5).
- be involved in a plan of ongoing assessment and evaluation for continuous improvement and sustainable development through the implementation of research-based best practices and community partnerships (Colossians 3:23; 2 Timothy 2:15).
- foster an environment of non-discrimination that reflects a Christ-like sensitivity and is relevant to a diverse school community, which is united by Christ (John 13:34-35; 2 Corinthians 12).
CAASO – Christian Athletics Association of Schools in Ontario. CBA competes with other Christian schools in Southern Ontario on a yearly tournament schedule in a number of sports. See the Athletics component of our curriculum for more details.
ACSIEC – Association of Christian Schools International Eastern Canada. This organization supports Christian schools like CBA to educate, equip, and empower students with excellence, while dynamically asserting a vibrant and life-giving Christian worldview.